Gap NZ Home
NZ Essentials
Gap Year Ideas
Working Holiday
Your Questions

ORDER FREE BROCHURE | about GYTG | contact our team | write for us  

Gap Year New Zealand :: your questions :: Can I extend my visa if I decide I want to stay in New Zealand longer?

Can I extend my visa if I decide I want to stay in New Zealand longer?

It is highly likely you might want to stay longer in this amazing country and the answer is yes, you can extend visas in both visitor and working holiday categories. There are always conditions attached to any extensions which include such things as being able to prove you have enough funds and a flight ticket out of the country. You will also have to pay a fee which varies depending on what kind of extension you are applying for. Typically speaking, working holiday visas can be extended by an extra 3 months if you can show you have completed some work in the horticulture or viticulture industries. Citizens of Canada and the UK may be able to extend their visa longer and for up to 23 months in total.

Other Questions...

Can I use UK cash cards in New Zealand?
What's the best transport option?
What are the seasons and holidays in New Zealand?
Are there any music festivals in New Zealand?
What's the drinking age in New Zealand?

view all questions >



  Popular Pages: Gap Year Jobs | Working Holiday Visa | Gap Year Companies | Recruitment Agencies © Gap Year Travel Guide 2008